Monday, 31 December 2007
Tags: Men soccer, Soccer Fashion, Manchester United, Barcelona, Nike, Sport wear, soccer jerseys
Sunday, 30 December 2007
As hair loss issues become one of the most concerns of men, regardless of their ages. It is important for us to stress on hair care further (There was a earlier post on hair care tips, to find out earlier post, click here: man health: how to take care of your hair). Most of us are overwhelming by many ads for shampoos and styling products you see on television that claim to promote "healthy hair!" Let's get real, people!
There is no such thing as "healthy hair." Hair is basically made up of protein and keratin. The hair itself has no blood supply and no nervous system. Hair is not alive, so it cannot be "healthy" Because hair is not a living structure, it cannot repair itself and must be maintained properly to preserve strength, elasticity, and shine. Some shampoos and conditioners claim to "repair the damage" to your hair. They simply cannot. Once hair is damaged, the only way to "repair" it is to cut off the damaged length. The following are a few tips to keep your hair looking great... looking "healthy!"Dry Your Hair
Towel Drying is one of the leading causes of damage to men's hair. Guys love to take a towel and rub that hair like crazy. The problem here is that when hair is wet, it is also very easily damaged. When "rubbing" the hair with a towel, some of the hairs become tangled in the threads of the towel and are stretched to the breaking point, causing damage to the cuticle and split ends. To minimize damage from towel drying, shake out the excess water and then stroke your hair with the towel in the direction it grows. This may take a bit longer but it's worth it.
Blow Drying is also a leading cause of hair damage. It can dry out the hair and scalp. We strongly recommend not to use blow dryer, but if you must blow, then you might want to follow these tips.
- To prevent damage from blow drying, apply a thermal styling spray to the hair. This will make it easier to comb and protect against heat damage.
- Make sure to hold the dryer 6-10 inches away from the hair and move it briskly from side to side. This will keep the hair from becoming damaged by heat.
- Avoid drying the hair completely. Leaving the hair slightly damp will prevent drying out the hair.
Easy On That Comb, Pal, when hair is wet, prevent damage by using a wide-tooth comb or brush. This will limit damage caused by the comb or brush pulling on the hair.
Wash in very hot water can dry out the hair and scalp. Take it easy on the heat.
Watch the Pool Water.Pool water contains chemicals that can dry, damage, and discolor hair. To minimize damage from chlorine and other chemicals, always wet the hair with tap water before entering the pool and wash with tap water after swim. This will help prevent your hair from absorbing water from the pool and wash away the chlorine or other chemicals after swim.
Avoid Chemical Abuse .
.Repeatedly coloring or perming hair can wreak havoc. Chemicals used to process hair can be very harsh to your hair and scalp.
Balance diet. Eating well, drinking plenty of water, taking vitamins, getting plenty of sleep, and living a stress free lifestyle will promote faster growth of the hair. The hair is often a reflection of the entire body. A body that is healthy and well maintained will likely have hair that is strong, shiny, and "healthy looking."
So remember, all these tips are not one time event, but are continuous effort.
Tags: men fashion, men dress shoes, man fashion tips
Friday, 28 December 2007
- Style and Fashion
Within the dress shoe genre there are casual dress shoes that are really more like fancy moccasins and more elegant dress shoes made of elaborate exotic skins. Depend on what occasion and your dress code, you wouldn’t want to wear a casual dress shoes to attend a gala dinner at a 5 stars hotel ballroom. In short, your fashion dress shoes should be dressy depending upon what you wear with them and the occasion you are going to attend.
Most men dress shoes are made of leather. It is important to know what constitutes good leather since this material covers about 80 – 90% of the dress shoe. Generally, base on layman’s sight and touch, we focus on a smooth with consistent fine grain on the leather for men fashion dress shoes details. The leather should feel rich and supple. Still it is difficult for any layman to assess the quality of leather unless you really know leather very well.
Hence, instead of trying to focus 100% on the leather itself, it should put some attention on the construction of the men fashion dress shoes such as lining, stitching, soles and heels.
Believe me, I would suggest you rather spend a little more money upfront for a good pair of shoes that will last several years than to pay $20 or $30 bucks for shoes that won't last one year or less.
In other word, the biggest consideration in shoes that are worn daily should be support to give you comfort and prevent injury.
Lastly, whatever you choose be sure they are comfortable and durable so that they will feel good and last a long time.
Tags: Men Fashion, Perfect fashion dress shoes, Fashion and Style, Durability, Frequency, Fashion leather shoes
Tags: Bill Blass, Man Fashion, Michael Bastian, CFDA, Men Fashion Designer, Spring 2008 Men
Thursday, 27 December 2007
It couldn't be true. Mr. Armani has worked his fingers to the bone to be a world-renowned designer; spent a fortune advancing the idea too. And what about Valentino, Karl Lagerfeld, Stella McCartney and those boys - what are their names? - Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana? They don't even make the list. Shut out of America. Ignored. Trumped. It's true.
The Donald J. Trump collection of suits, ties and dress shirts has been available for the last year at Macy's and other Federated department stores, a couple of hundred outlets in all. Terry J. Lundgren, the chief executive of Federated, has characterized the Trump apparel business as "an unbelievable runaway success." Mr. Trump doesn't design the clothes, he doesn't make them, and he doesn't spend a dime to promote them. And unlike most designers, he doesn't expend any effort trying to convince the American public that a billionaire, the keeper of Mar-a-Lago, the defender of capitalist culture, would dump his $5,000 Brioni suits in favor of his own $495 make. He wears his suits, which are produced for a royalty by a firm called Marcraft, but he also wears the other.
"I like Brioni; they treat me fantastically," Mr. Trump said last Friday from Florida, where he was watching a women's golf tournament at one of his clubs.
He may have been surprised himself to learn that he had done in a year of light lifting what has taken Ralph Lauren nearly 40 years to accomplish. That is, according to the survey, by Brand Keys, a marketing company in New York, his brand is seen as having the qualities that consumers most desire in clothes, namely comfort, style and fit. Brand Keys asked 500 adults, chosen from the nine census regions, to rate a total of 1,200 brands, ranging from banks and fast-food chains to apparel and consumer electronics.
Out of 50 fashion brands, however, only five ranked in the top category, called Human Brands, which simply meant that whether you hailed from a red state or a blue one, said "tomato" or "tumaytuh," you recognized values beyond the commoditized subsoil of price. The five were Chanel, Ralph Lauren, Isaac Mizrahi, Victoria's Secret and, of course, Donald Trump.
A number of designer labels fell into a next-best category, called 21st-Century Brands, which suggested that names like Prada, Armani and Versace also resonated with consumers but without the same degree of meaning as the Human types. The inclusion in a third, more lowly category, Label, of Anne Klein, Bill Blass and Calvin Klein points up the staying power of a name long after the company's founder has died or retired and its product has struggled to be relevant.
Tags: man fashion, Donald J. Trump, Giorgio Armani, Donna Karen,television star, human brands, 21st century brands, Label brands
Wednesday, 26 December 2007
- Skinny Jeans for men
- Male V-neck T-shirt
- Bright shoes for men
- Man scarfs
- Giant sunglass
- Patent leather
- Metallics clothing
Tags: 2008 men fashion, skinny jeans, V-neck T-Shirt, Bright shoes, Metallic fashion
This year, Boxing Day came early -- at least in New York City. Sales started everywhere on the street: Gucci, Guess, D&G, Marc Jacobs, Barney's, etc. Even online retailers have been going on sale earlier than ever before.
So, does this must mean that retailers are desperate because US retail market is in the doldrums? Maybe, is too early to tell, but one thing for sure, you don't want to miss this crazy sale on this Boxing Day.
Tuesday, 25 December 2007
Monday, 24 December 2007
Sunday, 23 December 2007
Here are just two of the online color matching schme websites that I visited most often.
Saturday, 22 December 2007
Paris Hilton has just one thing on her wish list--a perfect man.
Hilton is said to be desperate to settle down and start a family and is hoping she'll get what she wants over the holiday season.
When asked what she wants for Christmas, Paris told Germany's Vanity Fair magazine: "A man to fall in love with, one for life. Someone that I can start a family with."
Do you think she is just dreaming or this can be reality? So any taker or volunteer here?
Friday, 21 December 2007
Wednesday, 19 December 2007
However, one of my colleague James was different. He was always tastefully dressed, his clothes predating the next fashion trend. Almost every time I asked him where he got his clothes he told me he bought them at a thrift store. There was something else about James's style that no one else had - serenity, mean he had ZERO DEBT. He was in full control of his spending and it was palpable.
James clearly had his own sense of style. With a little creativity and a small investment of time, he was able to act on it. I'm not quote you have to forego shopping at your most approved stores to be able to afford a big item like car or house. What I am proverb is - instead of desperately searching for the exact jean tom Cruise wore to his latest movie premier and paying bank for it off the rack - be a little daring and create your own style based on what you may afford.
Defining your own style takes instant and it evolves. Read fashion magazines, watch movies and see what you like. But instead of mimicking what you see, adapt it. Learn to trust your instinct. Learn what looks grand on your body structure (very important). Every time you see a young gentleman wearing fashion jeans that obviously shouldn't be, take it as a reminder that not every fashion trend is for everyone.
Fashion isn't about conforming - its about creating.
Beauty queen or fashion disaster, its up to you. If you want to shine for this holidays, take note of these dos and don'ts to spruce up your look and receive raves from your friends and family.
Check out the latest in fashion trends and give them a try. This will update your look and chances are, you will find something that enhances your skin tone and flatters your figure.
Do accentuate your finer features.
Play up your best features while drawing attention away from your problem areas. For example, do you think you have good body build up? wear some tight shirt to show off your body shape.
Do consult professionals.
If you're the do-it-yourself kind of guy, you can benefit from professional opinions now & then. Why not get a makeover for the holidays? Keep in mind, salons are booked tightly for the holiday season, so call well in advance for your appointment and make use of your time in the waiting room looking through magazines for updated hairstyles and fashion that best suit you.
Do simplify your beauty routine.
Unless you're headed out to a holiday party, forgo unnecessary extras that take up valuable measure . Keep your hairstyle simple and build-up to natural colors that will look smart with anything you wear.
Dont be afraid of change.
Dazzle your friends with a new look. Whether its a new hairstyle, hair color, or just a dress, you will get attention! Think of it this way, models look different for every shoot and are very versatile. Don't they always look efficient?
Don't wear too much accessories
There's a fine line between a little more and excessive. Depend on what kind of occasion you are going to attention, too much accessories such as earrings, rings, messenger bag, bangle etc might consider over do like Christmas trees.
So do remember these few dos and don'ts, which will help you to shine in your own style in this holiday session.
Tuesday, 18 December 2007
Here are the two e-cards with style from LoveCards.com
Monday, 17 December 2007
- The modern form of the traditional Scottish garment;
- The historical form of this same Scottish garment (cf. History of the kilt);
- Various other national forms of the kilt, such as the Northumbrian kilt, Irish kilt, Welsh kilt, Cornish kilt, and the Contemporary kilt;
- Certain types of school uniform skirts for girls
With a simple search, you can easy find a number of websites related to this. I am personally find the following websites more relevant.
Sunday, 16 December 2007
So here are 10 fashion clothing and accessory essentials that you should able to find in your closet.
- Khaki Pants: A good pair of dress pants that can be worn to work is essential to every man’s closet. Choose a pair of well tailored khaki’s that you can wear to work, church, out for the evening, or to a casual luncheon. These pants can quite possibly take you from your morning coffee to your after work martini all year round.
- Blue Jeans: Invest in a quality pair of dark blue jeans that fits well. Since many work places have adopted casual Friday policies, a pair of nice dark blue jeans is a great addition to your wardrobe. Pair you jeans with a sweater, a stylish button down shirt, or even a polo shirt. A pair of dark jeans is also a great addition to your weekend wear, especially for casual dates.
- Sweater: A solid, neutral color sweater is a must for any man trying to complete his closet. Look for something with either a V neck or a traditional collar. A simple wool sweater can be worn alone; with a pair of corduroys on the weekend; or with button down shirt underneath for situations where you need a little more class. If affordable, get a upper class one so it can be worn in different occasions.
- White Button-down Shirt: Everything on this list will look great with a white button down shirt. A white button down shirt is something you really need to have. Choose one that is well tailored. Wear it underneath your sweater, by its self, or with your suit and tie. If you’re wearing it for a special occasion, class it up with a pair of cufflinks.
- Coat: A flexible yet classy coat it imperative to your wardrobe from fall to spring. A trench coat is an excellent choice for several reasons. For starters, this coat can be worn to work, formal occasions, or just to run to the coffee shop. The climate versatility of the trench coat is another great reason to add it to your closet. Many trench coats are water proof to a certain extent making it perfect for rain or snow. They are also light and therefore can be worn in the spring with just a t-shirt, or during the chillier months with a sweater underneath. When choosing a color, try to find something in a neutral color like black or brown.
- Black or dark color Suit: Life is full of surprises, and often time you are forced to dress for a certain occasion or event with little notice. Whether you have the excitement of a job interview or the sorrow of a funeral, you often don’t have time to run to the store and buy something to wear. Having well tailored black suit will ensure that you’re always prepared for situation that require you to be well dressed on little or no notice
- Ties: solid, neutral colored ties are a great thing to keep on hand for spur of the moment business meetings, classy nights out on the town, or simply to wear every day to work. While colorful patterned ties are great fashion accessories, a simple tie is more useful for everyday occasions.
- Dress Shoes: While you wear semi casual shoes to work, you should make sure you have a pair of dress shoes on hand at all times. I would suggest purchasing pair in black to make sure they match with your suit, jeans, and khakis. Find a quality pair that is comfortable and simple so you can wear them for any dressy occasion.
- Designer Watch: This may not be gold or diamond number, but a designer watch will automatically upgrade your look.
- Cufflinks: One of the most important accessory to ensure that you are always prepared for business meeting, or classy occasions.