Thursday, 25 October 2007
Sunday, 14 October 2007
Sunday, 7 October 2007
Return on Investment, in financial arena, mostly relates to dollar and cents! ie. How much payback you received when you put your money into Financial instruments, such as shares, property, bonds, trust funds etc, and this normally measure in certain time frame. But what is the payback for Fashion?
Payback for Fashion
The payback is not in tangible or monetary form, but in intangible manner.
Invest in Fashion, what I think the 9 common returns you will get.
1. Image - Enhance your image to others, especially you are in Fashion industry, Sales and marketing works.
2. Presentation - How you show up in public, in workplace and peer group
3. Prestige - With certain famous brands, it definitely bring a higher prestige value
4. Self confident - To large group of people, being putting more trendy fashion is definitely help to boost up your self confident.
5. Power - With formal business attire, will definitely enhance the informal power/authority
6. Sexy - With proper matching of clothes and accessories, will definitely be sexy
7. Macho - You are definitely
8. Conform - To certain extend, some people are look for conform when they invest in clothing and accessories.
9. Health - while keep up with image, it also give you a healthy lifestyle. (For skincare and health supplements)
So what are you looking for when you invest in Fashion?
Friday, 5 October 2007
Last month, The New York Times' Horacio Silva used the term "menergy" to describe the "anti-metrosexual, hyper-masculine" energy that was circulating throughout Milan Fashion Week during the menswear segments.
It appears that the "menergy" that was flowing through Fashion Week has worked its ay over to Hollywood. George Clooney has ditched his clean shaved face for a scruffier salt-and-pepper whisker look. Even some popular super stars in Japan, Hong Kong, and Korea followed suit.
So let see how long this trends can last and when the next new trends to be?
Wednesday, 3 October 2007
Long hair is a difficult style for men to wear. Men will often have thick, strong, waved or curly, and stubborn hair. When it starts to grow too long, instead of falling down it will twist and turn into a massive bush… undesirable to say the least. But to those that can pull it off they pull it off well and there are always products and tips a professional hair styler can help the envious with. Other long hairstyles also include dreads which aren’t uncommon and still fashionable, there is never anything wrong with honouring your roots.
Remember those cool styles rock stars used to wear? They were sported by the Rock and Metal legends and were obscenely long and wild. Those styles are now old and unnecessary, so if you find yourself with a similar cut, maybe you should consider a shorter hairstyle. Hey, if Bruce Dickinson did it, maybe you should too.
Brought popular by some sport superstar, movie stars, and popular singers, trend of short hairstyle for men have never turn back!! Down to the street, almost 80% of younger generation are adopt short hairstyle.
So there are how many type of short hairstyle you can wear?
The hair is cut to 1/8 inch all over the head. A perfect low-maintenance hair style.
Hair is cut with clippers to a uniform length all over the head. A low maintenance style, which can suit thinning hair.
High and Tight
The sides are shaved completely free of hair. The top is generally cut in a short flat top, or buzzed to around 1/7 or ¼ inch. The high and tight is a fairly standard cut for US Marines.
Ivy League cut
The back and sides are cut short, about ¼ inch (similar to a crewcut). Over the crown, the hair is also cut quite short- the same length as the back and sides, or it may start to get a little longer. From the crown forward, the hair gets a little longer.
The hair is shaved completely to the skin up the sides and back of the head and then tapered, blended or 'faded' into the length on top. No visible lines in this haircut when properly done. Among US Marines, this haircut would be called a Medium Reg (Regulation).
The hair is shaved to the skin around the bottom of the sides and back of the head and then tapered, blended or 'faded'into the length at the top. No visible lines in this haircut when properly done.
The hair is cut short on the sides and back with the hair on top graduated in length from the front of the hairline to the back of the crown. The hair on top should conform to the general contour of the head.
So what hairstyle are you adopting?
Monday, 1 October 2007
Whatever stores or brands you choose, there is no fix and fast rules which brands suitable for what environment! Some people do mix and match both business and casual (this is what I highlighted earlier, smart casual) attires which turn out to be very attractive! especially couple with appropriate accessories! However, if you got the wrong match, either be color, or fashion trends, the outcome could be more damaging that you expect.
So where are your favorite stores to shop for business, casual, clubbing?
1. Watches - can be formal or informal, depend on the occasion and functions
2. Sunglass - for protection of course! and most importantly! fashion as well! :)
3. Wallets - Well, this is the most important piece, which hold your money and cards, I suppose!
4. Namecard holder - To some of you, this is one most important piece!! when you meet up with you clients and prospects! and to certain extend, it do represent your status!
5. Lastly, but not least is your handphone!! Believe it or not! handphone has become the most important piece of accessory to most people...
So what is your list? Do drop your list here!!